08 May Bachelor Party Budgeting Tips: Don’t Get Caught Running on Empty
How To Budget For Your Bachelor Party
As a general rule, always budget more than you anticipate. There is no worse feeling than having to shell out more cash than you initially thought. Going way over your budget can put a damper on things, so here are some general bachelor party budgeting tips:
- Determine how much you really want to spend. This is the final tally. Be sure to include a reserve fund for incidentals that will act as your margin of error.
- Get in the mind set of having things cost more than you thought. Round up when you’re estimating expenses. This sounds dumb, but this simple mind trick works.
- Don’t expect things to cost the same as where you are from. This is Econ 101, but just because you can get a case of beer for $9 near your house doesn’t mean you can get the same in Montreal. Some things here are considerably cheaper than where you are from (like lap dances, bottles, fancy meals, etc.), but it is give and take.
- Don’t let your budget rule you. There is a fine line between being frugal and being just plain cheap.
- Remember, you are on vacation and you should enjoy yourself. I’ve traveled extensively all over the world and at some points, I became so obsessed with my budget that I let it dictate my travel decisions. Looking back on the experience, I would rather have spent the money and made my vacations more memorable. Time is your most precious commodity. No one on their death bed remembers their savings.
- Don’t forget small costs such as Uber, snacks, forgotten toiletries, bail, etc.
Budgeting can be the most stressful and confusing part of planning a bachelor party. The added stress of having to appease multiple budgets from your trust fund buddy to your friend who still lives at his parent’s house, it’s not an easy task. You also have to consider your personal budget. Use this as a guide to help you deal with the stress and budgeting of a bachelor party. If you need any help, you can always give us a call at 1.877.690.4919.